Name of Business: Reston Art Gallery & Studios
Years in Business: 1986 – Present = 31 years
Hometown: Washington, DC
Where Do you Live in Reston: Began in Vantage Hill, then to South Lakes area
- Why did you decide to open your business in Lake Anne vs another location? What made you get into this line of work of owning/running a small business/art gallery?
Lake Anne is so beautiful and the gallery space has such great light! I was a professional painter and enjoyed bringing art to patrons. The Gallery was a natural outgrowth of that love.
- Tell us one thing most don’t know about you or would be a surprise?
My “other life” is in aerospace/magnetics. My husband and I run a family business called MEDA which stands for “Macintyre Electronic Design Associates.” www.meda.com
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Archaeologist and astronaut
- If you had only one word to describe owning a business, what would you say and why?
“Heartwarming” Because we bring beauty to so many people, and because the art world is a true community.
- What are three things on your bucket list?
Three things, visit Machu Pichu, attend one of our satellite launches (our magnetometers) live,and enjoy a thriving Lake Anne! I still think it is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen, the architecture, the fountain and lake, I just love it.
- Why do you love the world of art?
Creative and free!